A Play Experiment To Remind You Of Who You Are
Here’s a play experiment you can do if you are struggling, feeling stuck, forgotten who you are, or don’t know what to do next in your life, especially during these uncertain times.
Reach out to your 5 closest friends (or if you want clarity around your work, 5 of your colleagues/clients) and ask them these two questions:
1. What Value Do I Bring To Your Life?
2. When have you seen me most joyful, alive, and playful?
The value question is asking them what do you bring to their lives:
- Why are you friends in the first place?
- What do they appreciate most about you?
The play question is to explore who are you in your peak state:
- What are you actually doing when in a joyful state?
- How do they interpret when you are being most present and alive?
- Have they seen you actually playing and if so, what does that look like?
This exercise reminds me of this quote:
If you are willing to take on this fun endeavor, you might be surprised and inspired by the answers that come back…and this may provide you the clarity you’ve been looking for.